Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Braden!

Happy Birthday to my sweet 11 year old. I can't believe that it has been 11 whole years since he put my body through such misery to get into this world. He was in such a rush, he couldn't even wait for the doctor to give me the epidural. I remember the nurse coming in and asking me to please keep it down, I was scaring the other mothers! Oh well, I survived and ended up with a great kid for all my troubles. Unfortunately Braden is a middle child and the 3rd born. I was the 3rd child born and my sisters teased me so badly. Braden takes a lot of abuse from his brothers also, but seems to cope with it for the most part. He's a good kid for me and works hard to do what I ask him to. I call him Jekyll and Hyde, because I've heard that he can be quite the ring leader and full of energy when he is anywhere else but home! Braden is my creative one. He bought his own camera and can take some really good pictures. He is getting quite good at the piano. He also is really good with a yo-yo and was excited to receive two today! Braden is a very sensitive and thoughtful kid. He doesn't just "give" out hugs and kisses, so if you get one from him it is really something special! He doesn't "give" out smiles often either, so if you can get him to smile for the camera, consider yourself lucky!
Braden had a great day. He invited 13 friends over for his birthday party and they spent the afternoon at the Space Center. Having never been there before, he was so excited to get the chance. He finally got the Bass Guitar that he has been asking for forever. Now we need to find someone who can teach him to play!
I am so grateful to have Braden in my life. He has always held a special place in my heart (maybe it's sharing that 3rd born status)! He's a wonderful kid and I'm lucky to be his Mother!
I Love You Braden!

3 comments:

Loyce said...

Happy Birthday Braden, we love you and are very proud to be your Grandparents.

Love, Grandma & Grandpa

Brandon and Natalie said...

It sounds like it was a great birthday! Happy Birthday Braden!

Buhrmi8 said...

Happy Happy Birthday Brady...