Saturday, February 28, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

Rod and I took a few days and snuck away to Las Vegas. Suprisingly, I was homesick at first, but we ended up having a great time. Thanks to my Mom for taking care of the kids. She completely spoiled them! We went on this great hike by Lake Mead. It was along an old railroad path and we went through 5 tunnels.

The hike led us to the Hoover Dam.

We didn't have a lot of time to spend at the dam, but it was very amazing to think of what it took to create such an enormous structure.

Later that night we went to see the Beatles Love Show. It was amazing to see what the human body is capable of. It was equally impressive to see how the creators interpreted the Beatles songs.
A big thanks to Rod for encouraging me to take some time off. Thank you a hundred times to my parents for coming down and taking care of my sick kids. I love you!!! Another great big Thanks to my Mom for loaning me her camera so that I could take some pictures to post!

3 comments:

GHB said...

That's pretty cool. Glad you enjoyed yourself.


Dad

Loyce said...

Can't wait to come again, hurry up and go somewhere else.

Love, Mom

STEPHANIE said...

How fun! Glad you got a break!