Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oh What Did We Do In the Summertime?

As the rain and the temperature begin to fall, I realize that Fall has begun and Summer is officially over! Along with this realization is my awareness that I have never blogged many of our fun summer activities in which we participated. So brace yourselves for a lot of picture!


We hung out with friends...

We played in the rain...

We hiked.....
The boys took Parker on a hike up the mountain and they collected these flowers for me. This is how they arranged them for me to find when I came home.
We played in the water.....We relaxed in the sun.... We took swimming lessons....

We tried new things....Connor and Tim tried coconut milk! (We all agreed it wasn't very good, but we realize it might be better in Hawaii!)

We learned to fence..... We attended water parties.....

Halle had a great time with some of her dance friends.



She and Kelsey had so much fun, they had to continue the party once we got home.

We played dress up....
We made cookies.....
We hung out at Seven Peaks....
Amazingly we were so busy this summer, we only went a few times. Needless to say we won't be buying passes for next year! This will be the first time in about 12 years that we won't have seasons passes!
We attended Thanksgiving Point Children's Garden....

We toured Thanksgiving Gardens....
We visited the Dinosaur Museum....
We rode in convertibles.....

We had such a fun summer. We are sad to see it end, yet looking forward to our Fall adventures. We are so grateful to have such fun friends and great opportunities!

9 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Looks like a fun summer!

Shauna said...

Summer was awesome but I love fun fall nights (and days) Can't wait to do many more things together

Cori Simmons said...

Good use of the green rainsuit. She looks darling.

Tai Christensen said...

I am glad someone is using the green rainsuit :-) I miss summer already!!!

Tanya said...

Fun, busy, fun! I don't think we're going to buy 7 peaks passes either. We only went twice.

Hills said...

What a FUN summer it was!

Hey sorry I didn't make it over to pick up that med. After Kangaroo Zoo we stopped to grab some sandwiches. Then I thought while I was out I would stop and pick the girls up from school so Mindy didn't have to get out. By the time I made it home He was in so much discomfort I opted for an enema and then he fell asleep. Since then I've found a bread that has 6 grams of fiber and giving him oatmeal and prune juice in the morning. It seems to be helping and this was probably more info you needed...but well, there you have it! Thanks anyway!

Wil had a lot of fun even under those circumstances!

Unknown said...

Wow you guys were busy, but it looks like you guys had a blast. I wish we lived closer but hopefully we can come visit soon! Love you all!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

What a great way to end the summer!

Kirst said...

Oh how I miss summer. The rain and snow is not fun at all.