Sunday, October 19, 2008

UEA in Rexburg - Day 3

After an early, and I mean early, Sacrament Meeting, (Who starts church at 8:30 am? Ugh!) we headed home for a very long day of entertaining kids! I am sure you know what I mean. If you are like us and try to make Sunday a little different than the rest of the week, it proves to be very difficult to keep everyone from killing each other! Well, I am happy to say that we were, for the most part, successful.


This afternoon, after several wrestling matches and train races, we finally put the DI costumes together. The results weren't too shabby considering we spent less than $20. I was impressed that all the kids played along, even Wesley.

Halle chose to be a cheetah. Thanks to Grandma's handy sewing skills, she made a tail and ears from the lining and hem of the shirt. Pretty cute for $2.


Parker was a baseball player with his hat and coat costing $5.



Mr. Creative, Connor, wanted to be a human dartboard. So for $3, he magically transformed. I am sure his Dad wishes he were here so he could practice throwing a couple of darts!


For $1 for the sunglasses (the rest of his costume was borrowed from Grandma and Grandpa), Wesley isn't what he appears!


"Do you want to buy a watch?!?"


Braden bought the pumpkin head and catchers helmet for $5 and became the "Headless Baseball Player"!

All in all it was a fun and interesting activity. It was fun to see imaginations at work. Thanks Grandma for encouraging us!

8 comments:

Yoli said...

That is the best!!! I was laughing so hard at especially Wesley and the "wanna buy a watch?" That is toooooo creative. Thanks for the smiles. And church starting at 8:30 is very regular around here; although our church just started having a service at 11:30 and I have to admit, I LOVE IT!!! Lots of love to Aunt Loyce and Uncle Glenn!!

STEPHANIE said...

VERY creative!!!

Tanya said...

Wow, lots to catch up on. You have been a regular blogger the past few days. I hope Rod is checking it daily! I saw Rod out all day Saturday and and today the big pile of dirt is now small. I am sure he missed you all, but man he got alot done outside. I love the costumes and esp love Wes's idea. Does he even know what you are talking about when you say he doesn't look like....? Ha! Keep having fun up there.

Mindy said...

Wow, look at how creative you guys are! I am impressed!!!

Jenny said...

That's hilarious, and a good idea, let the kids figure out their costumes. I will suggest this. I was laughing at the watch salesman and the human dartboard, who could think of those things?

Cori Simmons said...

Those are super creative. I wish I had an imagination like that. Good Job

lisa said...

Wow, look how creative your kids are! That's definately something to consider for the future. Have fun in Idaho.

Heather said...

I'm glad you found the falls in Idaho Falls. :) Great post and what a fun activity for the kids... I'm glad you were able to get away for UEA it looked like lots of fun. Cute kids!