Saturday, October 11, 2008

What I am Grateful For...Today

My niece has started blogging things that make her happy each day. After a great RS meeting last night, I have been reminded that I need to be more grateful. I was thinking it would be great to try to post something that I am grateful for each day. I realize that I will never be able to get on my computer every day, but I will do my best to be somewhat consistent!
First, I am grateful that Wesley is so good with Parker. He sat and played a little kids game on the computer with him, and then they played "Hide and Seek". He is such a great big brother!

Second, I am very, very grateful for Connor's TLC class. They have a project due on Monday where they could choose to do something "for" the family or "with" the family. We had planned a hike, but it was way too cold so we couldn't go. We decided to clean the cabinets instead. (This is something I have been putting off for years!). Rod, Connor, and I worked for almost 3 hours and got the inside and out of most of the cabinets cleaned and reorganized! Thanks guys, you're awesome. A great big thanks goes to Sherri and the girls for having Halle and Parker over to play, thus giving us the chance to tackle such a big project!




8 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

This is a good idea! Cute pictures of the boys and great job on getting organized(I'm sure they weren't that bad to begin with-from what I've heard about your clean house!)

Yoli said...

What a great family. Your guys are x-tra sweet!!
Luv ya!

Megan Hall said...

YAY Julie! I'm glad you are doing it too! Way to go on getting the cabinets organized. They look great!

Hills said...

That was a very good meeting! For me it was really humbling, and I hate to say this because I don't want to be humbled anymore than necessary, but it feels good to be humbled every now and again. It makes me love and appreciate more. Great idea!

Tai Christensen said...

Isnt it great to get your cabinets or pantry all organized and clean? I would love to do that...when I have an extra 3 hours! They look great!

Brandon and Natalie said...

What a great idea.The cabinets look awesome.

Tanya said...

Are you guys for hire? Ha!

Kirst said...

I am grateful that you showed up to run with me yesterday morning and that you brought your headlight so we could see.