Friday, October 17, 2008

UEA in Rexburg - Day 1

We are so grateful to be here with Grandma and Grandpa!


Today is day one in Rexburg. I woke up at 7am this morning after getting over 8 hours of sleep! I ran 3 miles and after getting cleaned up went over to do a session in the Rexburg Temple. It was neat to have my Dad there as one of the workers. The temple is very small, but very beautiful.

This afternoon, while Dad and Wes went golfing, the rest of us headed over to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather!

















Grandpa, Grandma and Halle made bread bowls for our soup dinner! They were very yummy!


This is what the boys did all day, unless we physically pried them away to have some real fun! Usually they were all three on their own computer, but I wouldn't let them have mine this afternoon. At one point I decided for every hour they were sitting in front of the computer, they would have to go out and run around the block! (That didn't go over too well.) They even got Grandpa to try it out!!!



We finished the day off with a rousing game of Mexican Train! Grandma was so excited to win!

All in all it was a fun day. The only thing that would have made it better would be if Rod had been here. Oh well! Now that the little ones are in bed, I think I'll take a moment to enjoy a good book.


4 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Sounds like a great day!!! Cute picture of you swinging! What are you reading?

Cindi B. said...

man i really wish I was there with you guys. Glad you're having fun!

Yoli said...

I'm jealous. Wish we were spending the weekend with my mom. Looks like a GREAT time! I love your idea about a run around the block for every hour of computer time. I need to incorporate that one really soon!! Thanks for all the pictures! Keep having fun!

Julie said...

Stephanie, I just started the third book in the "Uglies" series called the "Specials." I am not sure what to think of it yet, but I liked the first two, so I am sure this one will be good too.