Saturday, March 28, 2009

Whistler, BC

Our trip to Whistler was wonderful. We stayed in a fabulous hotel and were completely pampered with yummy breakfasts and delicious hot chocolate by a cozy warm fireplace. We had so much fun. A big thanks goes to Cindi for letting us borrow her car to get from Seattle to Canada. An even bigger Thanks goes to my Mom and Dad for taking such great care of the kids. You are real Troopers and we love you Very Much!!This was the view on our walk from our hotel to Whistler Village! Gorgeous!!Whistler Village was so full of life, we loved being a part of the fun atmosphere.This was the view from our hotel window. We were right at the base of the slopes and could literally pick up our skis and walk out the door of the hotel right to the lifts. It was great! The view as we skied down! Breath-taking!My fourth attempt at skiing in my entire life! Needless to say, I'm not very good. There are no pictures of Rod skiing because I couldn't stand on my skis and take a picture without falling down!Here I come, snowplowing all the way! (Parents, teach your kids to ski while they are young so they don't have to suffer this humiliation!)
I even got in a hot tub! (This is not my favorite thing, but I sacrificed for Rod's sake.)

We had such a great time. We highly recommend this destination! Thanks again to everyone who made it possible!!!

8 comments:

Deena said...

Looks like a really great trip! So much fun. Makes me wanna go skiing!

Mindy said...

That looks like so much fun, and so beautiful!

Loyce said...

Glad you had fun, sorry you didn't learn to ski when you were younger.
Love, Mom

Yoli said...

Looks like a great trip!! U don't like hot tubs huh? Looked fun! :)

Tai Christensen said...

Wow that looks like so much fun! Isnt it great to getaway with just your husband!

Julie said...

It's alright Mom, don't apologize. Remember, we were going to blame Dad!

Cori Simmons said...

Love your comment about not being able to take a pic without falling down. That's how I would feel. It's probably been about 20 years for me. I need to go - again, for my kids sake. Savannah will be snowboarding next year and there is no way I could ever keep up with Bo.

Kim said...

I am getting a little jealous of your getaways! I think you are out touring the world again as I am sitting here typing. Looks like a lot of fun! ...Someday!