Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our visit with Jayden and Jackie

While we were in Seattle we were able to see my nephew, Jayden and his Mom, Jackie. I hadn't seen him in person since he was about 7 months old, so it was so great to see them both.Rob and Cindi made a yummy dinner.Jayden had been really sick, so he didn't really eat much. Finally we got him to eat some crackers and string cheese. I think Jackie was relieved to see him finally eat something. (You can see in his eyes and how red his nose is that he didn't feel good.)Although he was still not feeling that great, he did have his moments where he had some energy. He was really excited to help Cindi wash the dishes.It was a rainy Sunday, so there wasn't much to do. It was especially hard to find something for a 3 year old in a house where only adults live, but we had a great time playing Mario Kart on the Gamecube and also playing games on the internet.I was so glad that Jayden wasn't scared of me. Even though he was feeling bad, he sat with me and even let me wipe his little runny nose. (He doesn't even let his mom do that!)He had us all laughing with his funny faces! We loved his cute little smile and personality.At one point we brought over a box of kleenex and he started wiping his own nose. He then started pulling out the tissues one after another. We were all cracking up, which of course made him do it more. Needless to say Jackie was not too thrilled with this activity!
He is such an adorable little boy. I loved getting to spend a little time with him. I really hope we can get him and Parker together. I think that they would have a blast! (Everytime Parker sees Jayden's picture, he says "That's Parker?".) Being so close in age, I hope one day they'll be good friends.
A Big, Big Thank you to Jackie for rearranging her work schedule so that Rod and I could see her and Jayden! We love you both and are soooo glad to have you in our lives!!!

2 comments:

Tai Christensen said...

He is so cute!!!! I am glad you guys had fun!

Loyce said...

Loved the pictures!