Monday, March 23, 2009

Hanging with Cindi and Rob

After a wonderful dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant, that is a favorite of Cindi and Rob's, we headed over for a fun time at the downtown Safeway! Cindi thinks it is fabulous! I was very impressed with the "Nut Bar" and Produce! (I'm thinking we all must be a bunch of nuts!)
The next day we headed to the slopes. We went skiing at Crystal Mountain, right by Mt. Rainer. Since this was my 3rd time ever skiing, it was rough going. Cindi was very patient. I don't know if I'll ever love skiing, but I am determined to learn so we can go as a family.

It snowed all day. Which I loved because I felt more comfortable in the powdery stuff!
Rob made such a sacrifice for us. His knee had really been hurting, but of course he did great. He got sick of my whining and whimping out, but who could blame him. He and Cindi really are great teachers! I'm just a big CHICKEN!
Cindi is such a great sister. Aside from spending most of the day on the slopes with me, she slept on the couch for three nights so Rod and I could have her bed! To top it all off, she let us drive her car up to Whistler!
Thanks Cindi and Rob!!
We had a GREAT time!!

6 comments:

Megan Hall said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Loyce said...

Can't wait to see the Whistler pictures. Glad you had fun.

Deena said...

Great job skiing! It looks like a ton of fun!

Yoli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yoli said...

Julie! Your a skier! So glad Cindi is such a patient teacher! U R lucky to get away with Rod! I'm ready for some alone time too!

Michael Becerra said...

I love Safeway too! Even the non-downtown Seattle stores are cool.