Monday, September 7, 2009

Red Rock Relay

Once again, I let myself get talked into running another relay race! As I get older, they become more and more difficult to survive. I think it is the lack of sleep that does me in. Anyway, this was the first year for the Red Rock. Because it went from Brianhead to St. George, Rod really wanted to run it. He loves Cedar Canyon and the Zion area. When he told me he was signing up a team for his law firm, Jeffs and Jeffs, I said "No way! I'm not running it!" Needless to say, I allowed him to talk me into it and I ended up running it just because I love him too much to say No! I don't mean to sound negative. We did have some fun. The scenery was beautiful and thankfully, our van didn't get much of the heat. We actually were able to shower twice and get a few decent meals. I guess my need for sleep and my inability to run well keeps me from really enjoying things like this. Rod loved it, so we'll see if he does it again next year. (This time without me!)

The start was a lot of fun. The team decided to dress up as the "Justice League" because they were a law firm. (Get it?) They had some friends running on another team who dressed up as the "Legion of Dome aka the Villians". It was fun to have a little competition going on at first. They eventually beat us by 45 minutes.

As you can see, the scenery was beautiful!

The company was great also. A big thanks to my niece Sarah and her roommate for volunteering for us. I don't mean to sound too negative, I did have fun. I'm glad that I can say that I've run the Red Rock, once!!!

6 comments:

Deena said...

You are truly AMAZING and an inspiration! You must really have a lot of love for him...or he offered a great reward for your submission. I didn't think your post was negative...I actually think you had a lot of fun and don't know it yet. There is no amount of love that would get me to run that distance...nope...none...nada. Again I say, "YOU ARE AMAZING!" CONGRATULATIONS!

Archuletas said...

WOW! That is amazing. You are an inspiration to me. I have been trying some running, but I still don't get how people enjoy it. You must REALLY, and I mean REALLY love Rod to let him talk you into it. Way to go.

Mindy said...

Way to go Julie, it looks like it was beautiful! We were down in St.George this last weekend too. I was hoping I would run into you at BearClaw but didn't see you!!

Julie said...

So funny! We did go to the Bearclaw, but it was around 1 pm Saturday after the race was over!

Yoli said...

Wow that did look like a good one! It is nice to say you've done it!! Way to go Cuz! U Rock! ;) Luv ya!

Tai Christensen said...

Julie!! I am so proud of you!!! You inspire me to get my lazy toosh out of bed and lace up my sneakers!! You are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! And STOP saying you do not have the ability to run well!! You are a great runner and have done more races than I could ever dream of doing!!! Congrats!!!!