Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer!

So one night this summer, we were having a family meeting with Sherri and the girls. We were all sitting in our family room when we heard the front door slowly open. I really didn't think much of it. Connor had some friends stop by earlier, so I just figured that they were still here. I guess that wasn't so... The girls were concerned and went to the front to check it out. They found a big huge dog lying in my front room!! Crazy, huh? The dog was so fat, Lauren and Danielle thought she was pregnant. We could not get her to move. I mean she wouldn't even budge! We called the number on the tag and the dogs' owner said that she was not pregnant, just fat!! Lauren used all her strength and finally got the dog to stand up and we encouraged her out of the house. Danielle tried to get both dogs just to head home, but they would have none of that!The owner was out of town, so she sent her dog-sitter to pick them up!

It was one of the craziest things I'd ever seen. Who knows why they picked our house to settle down in, but it sure made for an exciting story to tell. The kids were so suprised that I didn't freak out, but when you have five kids you expect things to be crazy sometimes!! This night was certainly one of those times!!

1 comments:

Deena said...

That is the funniest story EVER! They were probably just looking for some where cool to rest. Similac keeps sending me formula and $5 checks to purchase their formula. I keep saying the same thing...I'm not pregnant, I'm just FAT!