Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Connor!!


Happy Birthday to my 14 year old! Wow, where do the years go? Connor is such a great kid. He's funny and talented in so many areas from sports to music. He recently made the audition choir at the Junior High and is pretty excited about that. Some of my favorite moments are at night when he will sit down at the piano and just plays and plays. I love to listen to him. For his birthday, he wants a harmonica, so he can have a "portable" instrument!! He is always looking for someone to go outside and play lacrosse, or basketball, or learn the latest trick on a skateboard with him. He often thinks that he must have been adopted because we are such a low-key family. He just doesn't feel like he fits in. He has interests in so many different areas and when he puts his mind to something, he can get it done and do it well!


Connor's friend base is so broad that it is hard to keep up with what he is doing and who he is hanging out with on a daily basis. As his mother, I try to keep him under my wing, but it is no easy task! I can't say that he is the most humble person around, but I think that contributes to his overall confident personality, which I think will take him places in the future. He continues to be our most stubborn child who, with the help of his loving parents, is slowly learning when and when not to conform. I think that for the next few years, Connor will definitely keep us on our toes, but we could not imagine what the past 14 years would have been like without him!!


Happy Birthday Connor! I love you!!

3 comments:

Loyce said...

Happy Birthday Connor, I love you.

Yoli said...

Happy 14th Conner~
Love, your TX cousins!!

Mary said...

My goodness! Another birthday! Your family is just hopping with celebrations. Enjoy.