Monday, July 6, 2009

Stadium Of Fire!!

This year we were lucky enough to get to go to the Stadium of Fire! Halle was thrilled to be able to see the Jonas Brothers. I just like to go for the tradition of it all. I think the patriotic parts are a great reminder of what a blessing it is to live in this wonderful country. I can't say that the boys felt "lucky" to be there, cause it is not "cool" to be a teenage boy at a Jonas Brothers Concert, but I was so thankful to have ALL my kids with me! That is a rare treat as they get older. All in all, it was a great night and a fun 4th of July!
This collage is the "before" picture. Okay, so they may not be excited, but the F16's were coming soon, so that would get them smiling a bit!

These pictures were taken during the concert. Halle and Parker and I seemed to be the only ones having fun. (Check out the picture of the boys, that is how they stayed for the whole concert.) I swear Halle did not sit down once. She was dancing up a storm. (Good thing she has a little rhythm!) I looked up once and saw here making the "I love you" sign to them! Where does she come up with these things? She's only 6!! I personally thought that Jonas did a great job! They really tried to cater to their audience much better than a certain performer last year!

They had a cool ceremony to retire a flag.



As always, the fireworks were spectacular! It felt like they were right above us. My one wish for attending this event is that my kids grow up with a sense of respect and gratitude for the country we live in. We truly are so fortunate and I hope they will always know that!
God Bless the USA!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Loyce said...

I love the Jonas Brothers, they seem so wholesome, hope they stay that way. Glad most of you had fun.

Yoli said...

What neat traditions you all have for the 4th. Spending the night saving parade spots, (even in the rain?? Impressive!) Parade then the "Stadium of Fire"!! Glad you, Halle and Parker had fun. That is too funny about the older boys!
Luv your collage pics!!
Luv ya!

Brooke said...

Julie, how nice. Can I just tell you how much I enjoy hanging out with you in the early hours throughout the week? Thank you for getting me back into shape. I should be writing all of this on a card. Looks like the Stadium of Fire was a hit. Lucky family you all are. And what a cute family you are are too.

heidib said...

Looks like so much fun! Great pictures! xoxo