Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ear piercing time!!

I've wanted for Halle to get her ears pierced for quite some time now. It has to do with dance. (For performances she has to wear earrings and the clip-ons really hurt.) Anyway, she has refused. She always says when I'm 6 and when she turned 6, it changed to 7 or sometimes 10. So on Sunday, out of the blue, she said she wanted to get her ears pierced. Of course, I told her we would go TOMORROW and we did!
Checking out which earrings to buy.
Of course she picked one of the most expensive!
I love this picture because it shows how nervous she was.
She was so brave! I really was suprised at how well she did.
The finished product.

We are both pretty excited that she has pierced ears. She was already trying to get me to buy every cute earring in the place! It was a strange feeling allowing some strangers to put holes in my daughters ears, but it is over now and hopefully they will heal well. She looks adorable. It's hard to believe that she is growing up so fast!!

9 comments:

My Life Est. 1984 said...

She is a cutie! Congrats Halle for being brave and getting your ears peirced! We love you!

Deena said...

Wow, what a big event! I'm glad for you that she made the decision to do it. I wanted Madison to make that decision on her own, but I think I planted the seed much more than I should have. I had Madison's done for the same reason...those clip-on's killed her! She chose the same ones for her piercing...so cute. Way to be brave Halle!

Yoli said...

Sweet pics! Love the earrings Halle picked!

Colett (*.*) said...

good job Halle, that is a nerve racking event, that's why I did it to my girls when they were only a few months old, got it out of the way early!

Joyce Becerra said...

You look beautiful in your new earrings Halle. Love you.

Turner Girls said...

Halle I am so glad to finally see pictures of the pierced ears!!! Olivia is next to get hers done!!! You are very brave Halle!! They look awesome!! I love you!
Aunt Sherri

Kirst said...

That is so fun. I loved that day. Way to go Halle

Brooke said...

Oh how cute! Bryn would LOVE for hers to get pierced. Rick won't let her. Way to go Halle! You are brave!! Enjoy your trip to California and the beach!

Cori Simmons said...

Congratulations Halle - That is a really big deal for a little girl.