Sunday, September 7, 2008

Park City


Labor Day weekend Rod's Uncle Bob came for a visit. I have not seen him since Rod's Father's funeral. That was around 13 years ago. We have kept in touch through letters, but I was suprised he would make such an effort to come to Utah to see us. We'll we were certainly grateful that he did. He was a delight to have in our home. The kids, especially Halle and Parker, quickly became attached. Halle sobbed the night he left. Since my kids never were able to know there Grandpa Rivers in this life, it was nice for them to have a chance to get to know his brother. We had a fun time showing him a few of the sights in Utah, but mostly enjoyed the time we spent with family. Saturday we decided to take him to Park City. Little did we know that a Mustang Convention was going on. Parking was crazy, but we ended up having a fun time checking out all of the Mustangs.

Justin, Rod, Uncle Bob, and Cory


Riding in style. Rod and Justin were willing to give the littlest ones a lift.


We each tried to find "our" Mustang. Halle, Ryann, and I chose the pink one, of course!



Connor chose a black one! What a shock!



Parker even found one just his size!

It even had "Connor" on the license plate!

There was a policeman there letting kids ride this contraption. It was designed to show them what the impact would feel like in a crash at 10 mph. It was strange. Kids were getting off holding their necks. I am not sure what the point of it was.

After the Mustang party, we headed off to ride the Alpine Slide. We all piled in our car because parking was crazy! The boys were excited to ride in the back.

The ride up was fun. I was worried about taking Parker and Halle up, but they did great. Justin was a big help.

The older kids had a blast with Uncle Cory and Ryann.

It was the first time the kids had ridden the Alpine Slide. They loved it!

Braden had a great time!

Ryann and Connor. Connor is so cool!

Uncle Cory Rocks!!

Justin was nice enough to take Halle down with him. She loved it. They chased Cory the whole way. Justin, you're awesome!!!

Parker got up to the start of the slide and refused to go. Of course, at that point we had no other choice. He was crying, but once we started going he had a lot of fun.

While the older kids rode the Coaster, the little kids rode a couple of rides. When I bought the tickets, I thought I paid $3 for them to ride the three rides. But of course it ended up being $3 a ride! Halle chose the Carousel.

Parker chose the rocket train thing!?! The guy was nice enough to let Halle hitch a ride.

All in all it was a fun, but expensive day.

8 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Looks fun! Love all the pictures of the Mustangs. We need to do the Slide thing some time. How much was it? How long is the ride? Sorry so many questions.

Cori Simmons said...

Do they still have the other slide thingy next to the Alpine Slide? It is soooo expensive but worth the trip. We always eat at the Baja Cantina right there at the PC Resort when we go - Delish. Were the leaves changing yet?

Lisa said...

I think the last time I did the Alpine slide I was in high school! I always forget about it. I would love to take my kids up there. I think they would have a blast!

Buhrmi8 said...

Guess what? The day you were in Park City so were mom, dad and I. We left because mom didn't want to park and deal with the mess and guess where we went... your house!!! You weren't there of course... I think that is so funny! When are you going to come and visit me? Swimming? YAHOO!

Buhrmi8 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob Samsel said...

So your loving sister says I now have a new goal when I come visit. She says I have to make Halle sob when I leave or it's not a success! (I told you she was mean!)

Julie said...

Stephanie, to go down both the slide and coaster it was around $22 each. On the slide the ride along kids were around $5. The best part of the ride, for me, is the ski lift ride up to the top of the slide. It took around 15 minutes. The actual slide ride takes a couple of minutes to go down.

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun! It looks like you all had a great tim.