Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School

It's hard to believe that summer has come to an end! I always look at this time as bitter/sweet. I am usually ready to have a little time to myself, but I really do enjoy the change of pace that summer brings. I enjoy having the kids all to myself and not having to share them with their teachers.

It's hard to believe Connor is in Junior High. So far he is doing well and really enjoys it . He is such a social kid and really enjoys that aspect of school. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that he will 'get into' getting good grades also!
Wesley has finally hit the big time! He is now a full blown High School student! He is enjoying it all so far and has really been concerned about getting good grades!

Braden is excited to be back in class with all his friends this year. He has been threatened in many ways to stay out of trouble this year!!! Look at that cute face! Hard to believe he could ever cause any trouble!!

Our sweet little Halle has finally started Kindergarten! Where did the time go? She is a 16 year old in a 5 year old body. When I ask her what she thought of the first day of school she said it was "boring"! I ask if she liked anything about it and she said the story. Then I ask her if she had fun on the playground, and she said that it was too "dang" hot! I have a feeling it is going to be a really long 13 years!!


Halle and Sydney are in the same class! They are such great friends. It will be fun for them to share their first year together.

Well here's to another school year! Let's hope it's the best one yet!

7 comments:

Stacey Kannenberg said...

We start on September 2! Where did the summer go? Happy Kindergarten to your little girl and Back-to-School to the rest of your family! Enjoy!

STEPHANIE said...

Wow you have them at home, kindergarten, junior high and high school. You are going to be crazy busy! O wait you always are!

Julie said...

Stephanie, I hadn't thought about it that way! I don't recommend spacing kids so far apart. It is definitely hard to keep up with so many different schools and schedules. Of course I wouldn't change a thing. I know that they are all here at certain times for a reason. It just is very hard sometimes!

Loyce said...

Glad school is off to a good start. We missed seeing you guys this weekend.

Love, Mom

Yoli said...

Awww...what cute kids on the first day of school! What does Parker think about everyone gone??
I miss my kids like crazy!! But they actually like school this year! Luv ya, Yoli

heidib said...

The boys look so handsome and Halle is adorable. I can't believe how fast they are all growing up.

Kirst said...

I love reading about your kids. I can't believe Connor is in junior high. I never told you what he said to me the last day of school. "Man, when I was in 4th I got straight A's. That was the last time. humph. Maybe next year." He's got it in him. And then there's Braden, isn't trouble his middle name? Especially when he hang out with giggles (Ethan) and Crazy (Cougar). They are fun, but they like to be the life of the class or to them the party.:) Good LUck.