Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer Swim Team

Much to Connor and Braden's dismay, all three of the older boys made it on to the Pleasant Grove summer swim team. For several years now they have swum almost every weekday morning for the first two months of summer.
Connor likes to whine about it all, but he really does enjoy it.

Connor did great this summer. At the Bronze County Meet, he came in 1st place in freestyle!

Wesley loves to swim, but he does look forward to the three weeks of summer when he can sleep in! (Could he be a teenager?)

Wesley took 2nd in the breaststroke for the Gold County Meet! Way to go Wesley!

Braden doesn't like swim team at all, but I know he has great potential!
Braden went into the Bronze County Meet with his seed times placing him in the top, but he had some tough stroke judges! Good job Braden for giving it your all, there's always next year!!

Many of our Saturday mornings are spent at meets. There is a lot of waiting around during swim meets. Sometimes meets can last for 5 hours!!
To kill time, we play cards, read, eat, sleep, and just goof off!

Like it, or hate it. I know that my kids are learning great skills and having great experiences. I am so proud of all they accomplished this summer. When most kids are still asleep in the summer, my kids are up and swimming. They work so hard and I couldn't ask for any more! Way to go boys! You rock!

17 comments:

Cindi B. said...

Way to go boys! I loved swim team when I was younger. You guys are amazing! Keep up the good work. I think you all should shave your heads in order to increase your swim times! :)

Palinista! said...

The boys look awesome!! Congrats on the meets. I did this for years growing up, back stroke was my strength, can you believe I got up at 6:30 am all summer for this? I used to be very driven, what happened?

P.S. It is "have swum" not "have swam" fyi, see, this is how close we are that I feel comfortable correcting your grammar :).

Palinista! said...

P.S.S. When you include "have" it requires the past participle, swum. If it was the end of the summer and your sentance was purely past tense you may use swam. The boys swam every morning . . .

Julie said...

Thank you so much Hillary for that quick grammar lesson. I guess mistakes are easy to make at midnight! I will try to do better from now on! By the way sentence is spelled with an "e" not an "a"! HA!
And it is very hard for me to believe that you got up at 6:30 am during the summer months. I guess your kids will never get that opportunity since you'd have to drive them!! HA!

Julie said...

Cindi, I have tried and tried to convince the boys to shave their heads in an attempt to drop time, (especially Connor), but they said "NO WAY!" Connor did start wearing a cap, but I think it is just to protect his hair from the chlorine!! In all seriousness I do think a cap would help Wes, but he just isn't comfortable with them. Oh well, we have to learn things for ourselves, right?

STEPHANIE said...

Sounds like they are pretty good!

Tanya said...

Good job boys! In a few years (or many years) you will be so thankful your mom made you do this!

Mindy said...

That is great, I would love to get my girls into swimming. It is such great exercise! I wish I would have gotten into it earlier in life, then maybe I wouldn't be the slowest swimmer there ever was!

Palinista! said...

Julie, that's so funny that I misspelled sentence, when I re-read my comment I noticed, but it was too late. Maybe I shouldn't be commenting at 2:41 a.m. anymore. I think it's Karma since I was correcting you :).

Yoli said...

I enjoy seeing what your boys are up to! Congrats to them all for a great meet. Our friend Jacob is on the swim team and we've thought of joining. Maybe this year! You are a good mom to make sure your boys are involved in good activities! Especially with the long meets! Good job!

Buhrmi8 said...

One of them, or maybe all of them, is going to be the next Michael Phelps. I will be at the Olympics when they are there. I can't wait!

Jenny said...

That was fun, at least for the proud parents! I'm so glad we all got on this year. We are all signed up for the high school team so we'll be seeing the boys all fall swimming, and hopefully you too at that early morning time, summer is almost over.

Lisa said...

Didn't know your boys were such good swimmers. That takes a lot of disipline on your part and your boys too. You must be proud.

Colett (*.*) said...

What a good mommy you are! Sports are so time consuming. I am hoping that I didn't miss-spell or wrongly conjugate anything?

Cori Simmons said...

My kids love to swim - but I don't think they are swim team material. That's something to be proud of.

Cori Simmons said...

Hey - you asked about my camera. . .it's a Sony CyberShot 8.1 megapixels with the super steadyshot for action pics. Lot's of cool features. So far it has taken great pics of everything. . .and it fits in my pocket or purse.

Heather said...

I love that your boys do this! It takes a lot to get up early in the summer months, way to go! Swimming is so important to know how to do and it will benefit them all their lives. What a good mom you are!!