Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Outside Fun

As the days get warmer the kids are having more and more fun playing outside. It is so fun to watch them play and play. My two little ones play so hard they are exhausted by the end of the day. I know some of my neighbors must think that I am a careless Mom to let my two-year-old follow his five-year-old sister around the neighborhood, but I just cannot keep him inside! I am just grateful that Halle puts up with him like she does.

Zoey and Halle did each others' make-up. Don't they look beautiful!?!

FIELD DAY
Field Day at the elementary school is one of my favorite days of the year. I love to watch a playground full of kids playing. My favorite is when the whole playground stops whatever they are doing and does the Macarena. It is just so fun to watch kids being kids! Field Day always makes me so glad I am a Mom.

Parker is stylin'!
Halle and Sydney ate lots of candy.

Braden and his friends just goofing off!

Connor and his friends take a break from dancing.

Wesley and Parker just chillin'. Parker sure loves his big brother. (Even if he is always on his phone.)

Braden's relay team took 1st place. Way to go!

FOOD FIGHT
One of the funnest families in the neighborhood hold an annual food fight for kids 12 and under. This year we were lucky enough to be invited. Halle and Braden counted down the hours until it would begin. They went armed with Cool Whip, pudding, Jello, and canned soda pop. When the fight began with Mentos dropped in 3 pop bottles, Halle and Braden didn't quite know what to make of it all. They tried but weren't quick enough. I think next year they will be better prepared. My favorite was the mashed potatoes colored with blue food coloring. Thanks to the Yarro's for giving kids the opportunity to be kids!

Zoey, Halle, and Marlee before the fun begins. Game on!
As you can see Halle stayed pretty clean. I think she was pretty shocked to be allowed to throw food. Hopefully she and Braden will realize that they are only allowed to do this once a year!




Well it appears that summer has gotten off to a great start here in good ole Lindon. We are looking forward to a little more warm weather so we can hit Seven Peaks. Then the real fun will begin!!

11 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

How do you keep track of all your kids activities? I saw Halle and Zoey the day they were all dressed up. We were outside of the Roses's house. They were so cute riding their bikes around and having fun!

Loyce said...

Halle looks so cute with her short hair, I love it. What a fun summer you are having. Love, Grandma

Colett (*.*) said...

Thanks for coming and next year we will make sure to get Halle extra dirty to break her in!

Buhrmi8 said...

hahaha too cute!

Hills said...

Hey Julie...I found your blog on Mindy's, thought I'd drop in and leave you a comment. Just to let you know, although you may already know this, when Halle and Parker came to our house...Halle was very responsible putting her hand on his back and leading him around keeping him in line. I thought it was so cute! She acted very responsible for him, so really I don't think you have anything to worry about. We loved having them over, tell them to come again! Next time I see you let me get your email and I'll add you to my list, my blog is marked private. See you!

Lisa said...

Thank heavens for the warm weather. I've been anxious to get my kids outside and keep them outside. Don't feel bad about Parker - I do the same thing with Cooper. Sometimes you just need a break.

Palinista! said...

Julie that's a lovely post! Your are such a good little picture taking blogging Mom now. I'm sure hoping Rod didn't see Halle in all that make-up!

Mindy said...

I love the picture of the girls with all their make-up and dresses on, Ari is like that almost daily at our house.

Yoli said...

I loved seeing all the activities and fun times!! Summer and friends are great!

Kim said...

I was glad that the Rivers headed over for the food fight. I am glad to hear that you are having a hard time keeping Parker inside too. It's so rough because they think they are as big as the others and don't want to be left behind. He is always welcome to come over and play with Lucy.

Heather said...

Love the cute girlie girls, what would we do without make-up days? I'm glad my kids made it to the food fight even though I didn't get to witness the crazy fun. I'm glad everyone posted so I could check it out...