Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Wesley!!

Last week Wesley celebrated his 15th birthday! Of course, I was a selfish mother and spent the weekend in Park City instead of being here to celebrate. He was pretty cool with it all and ended up having small celebrations all weekend long. I just wanted to take a moment and express why Wesley is so special to me. Here are some of my reasons.


* He is my first born. (There is no describing to anyone other than a mother what it feels like to hold your very first child in your arms and realize that you are completely responsible for this precious little life.)


* He puts up with all my parenting mistakes. (Although he does frequently point them out!)



* He still kisses me good-bye everyday. (Even in front of his friends!)



* He keeps his room spotless! (Just kidding! A mom can dream though, Right?!?)



* He has a testimony of the gospel. (He stands up for what he believes.)



* He is great with little children. (He is constantly worry about their safety and knows how to make them feel special.)


* He plays the piano really well.


* He is an awesome swimmer!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESLEY!!

I love you Wesley! I am so glad you have been a part of my life for 15 years!!!


8 comments:

Yoli said...

That was sweet! Wesley is such a handsome young man! You've done good! I remember meeting him in NM when he was about 15 mos. FIFTEEN YEARS!! wow!
thanks for sharing about him!
Love ya!

STEPHANIE said...

WOW, I can't believe you have a 15 year old!

Heather said...

I don't know Wesley very well, but the times he has been around he is very polite. He has come to my house for the youth missionary dinners and was very respectful in my home. Anytime Marlee has been over while he's babysitting he always takes the time to walk her home. Very appreciated!! You've done well, what a good kid. Happy Birhtday, Wesley!!

Cori Simmons said...

He is a very handsome boy. You're in BIG trouble

Palinista! said...

Happy b-day Wes! Wesley is GREAT. He's very respectful, very sweet to the little ones, and he gave the best youth talk I've ever heard in sacrament meeting. Frankly, the good-bye kisses alone, for a 15 year old, qualify him as great in my book!

Colett (*.*) said...

We don't know him very well either, but I loved your sweet post! Nick still kisses me too, hopefully he always will! Keep up the dream of a clean room.

Buhrmi8 said...

Very cute... I am glad Wes is in my life too. I too can't believe it has been fifteen years since I was changing his diaper and he peed all over me. It seems like just yesterday. I love you Wesley!!! We have had a special bond ever since you were born. And no matter what you say the "Blanket Incidents" brought us closer together. Love you a ton
XOXOXO

Shauna said...

WESLEY we hope you had a great birthday! You know that the Carters think you are very awesome! You are such a good kid!