Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wesley's 16!!!

It's hard to believe that my first born is 16 years old! Where does the time go? Although he sometimes causes me a lot of grief, he truly is a great kid and I'm lucky to have him as my son! Wesley has many things that are wonderful about him, here are just a few...
* He has a caring personality. He is the one who worries the most about his siblings. When we were on a hike in Zions, he was right with Halle the whole time, holding her hand on the dangerous parts! He even refused to allow his brothers to hike Angels Landing, because he said he wouldn't be able to handle the stress of worry about them.
*He genuinely wants to be a good person! He may not be perfect, but he does try to be sensitive to things pertaining to the Gospel. He tries hard to make good choices!
* He loves his family. Even though we sometimes disagree, he still kisses both Rod and I good-bye and will most always choose a family activity over his friends.
* He is sensitive and loving. He will often apologize when he knows he's wrong and sometimes when he's not so sure.
Wesley is a great kid and I'm so lucky the Lord was gracious enough to share him with me!!
I Love You Wes!

8 comments:

Yoli said...

Can't be a year already! I remember last years post about him turning 15! You are right, time sure does fly! Thanks for sharing such wonderful things about Wesley!
Luv ya'll! Happy 16th Wesley!!

Joyce Becerra said...

Happy Birthday Wesley.
Julie, I am glad you are posting again. I miss you.

Julie said...

Yes I'm glad to be posting too. I have been having problems uploading pictures, but while creating Wesley's invitation (which is the picture on the post) I discovered that I can upload straight from Picasa! Yipee! I'm back!

Julie said...

We'll be coming down south in August and hoping you both will be around. I'll contact you with dates! Love ya.

Deena said...

He sounds like a really great kid! Great children are a result of great parents. Tai and I really miss seeing you at dance. Hopefully we can hang out at social events. Congratulations on your 16 year old.

Tai Christensen said...

16 years old! Wow! Happy Birthday! I miss miss miss you. I'm glad you are posting again so I know whats going on in your life!!

Joyce Becerra said...

I would love for you to come in August. Just let me know when!

Brooke said...

I read this post and cried. You are such a great mom Julie. I am happy to see and hear that Wesley is such a great kid. What great parents you both are. BTW, is that crazy that he is 16? Where does the time go?