Thursday, May 8, 2008

Halle's Haircut

Several months ago Halle asked me if she could cut her hair short. As a stall tactic I told her that she should wait until it was long enough to give it to Locks of Love http://www.locksoflove.org/. She patiently waited. We researched Locks of Love and talked about why some children might need a wig. I have to say she really was looking forward to sharing her hair with these special kids. Well the night before her hair appointment we were discussing if we really could go through with it. She was worried and uncertain. She asked Rod what she should do and he told her "just do it". So she did! I know she was scared but she was very brave. I am so proud of her! Check out the length of her hair. I didn't realize how long it was! This moment was probably the scariest for Mom! Ouch!
Here is the ponytail that will be sent to Locks of Love.

Her hair looks adorable, although it will take some getting used to! We are very proud of her for making the sacrifice for others who aren't so lucky.

15 comments:

Yoli said...

Looks like you already have a blog! I love it! Thanks for letting me know about it! I was real unsure about setting one up, but am now enjoying it. It is a fun way to keep everyone updated and a great way to "journal" for memories. I am proud of Halle too, that is a great thing to do!
Love ya, Yolanda
PS. the pic of us in Seattle, Cindi took for us!! :)

Cindi B. said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Good Job Halle, your new hair style is sooooo cute.

Turner Girls said...

Halle, Your hair looks sooo cute. I didn't realize it was already time to get it cut. I am very proud of you for thinking of others. You are a good girl.

I love you!

Aunt Sherri

Mindy said...

Halle's hair looks so cute, I love it short on her. How scary though! I am so glad you are finally a official blogger. Are you loving your new computer?

Tanya said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Rob is going to regret getting you a laptop :) Anyway, love Halle's new haircut anc can't wait to see it in person. What a sweetie!

STEPHANIE said...

Cute haircut and a great reason to cut it!

Colett (*.*) said...

Yeah for Halle and I love the blog name. You will soon become an addict like the rest of us. I am adding you to our list right now!!!

Cori Simmons said...

Oh my gosh - Look who I found! I am so glad you decided to create with us addicted bloggers. KEEP POSTING!

Tiff said...

Yeah glad your blogging found you through cori's - I love Halle's hair cut so cute! Your family is so cute I love all your boys - boys are so fun!!!

Tanya said...

Send me an email, I'm not sure if I have your right address, cause I took my blog private.

jeanette said...

I'm glad you have joined to blogging world. I just linked you to mine. I hope that's okay. It's fun to see the actual pics of Halle's haircut. I didn't realize her hair was that long either. Have I told you I really do love it short? I think it looks really good on her.

Lisa said...

Halle's hair is way cute. I love it short. I just started blogging too. It's pretty addictive. I'm limking you to mine- hope that's ok. Here's my address: clacbishop.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I love Halle's hair it's so cute! I've actually thought of doing this myself. Glad your blogging, it's fun to keep up with everyone.
www.spaddyspecial.blogspot.com

Palinista! said...

What were you all so scared of, I think she looks even cuter now! Anyone can have long scraggily hair but it takes some sass and some style to pull off her haircut - she does it beautifully! Seriously, I love it.

Palinista! said...

P.S. did Tanya just call Rod, Rob in her comment? funny.