Saturday, October 1, 2011

Share a Smile Triathlon 2011

For my birthday this year, I told the kids that all I wanted was for them to do a triathlon with me.  They all agreed, some a little more reluctantly than the others, but they did it!  I was so proud of them all.

008The little kids were the most scared of the swim.  Since we didn’t do lessons this summer, they weren’t to sure of how they’d do, but they both did super!009Halle sped right across the pool.  I was impressed!011Parker really did not want to do the race, but once he hit the water, there was no holding back!012

013

016

018They both had so much fun!  They both said that they wanted to do it again!  I was so proud of them!!!019Then it was time for the sprint Triathlon.  Rod and Connor did the whole race themselves.  Braden, Sandy Jensen and I did it as a team.  Braden swam, of course, I biked and Sandy ran.021

022

030Connor was giving it his all, but Braden stayed in the lead.031

034Rod and Connor were neck and neck almost the whole race.  035

038Rod beat Connor by around 30 seconds!!  I think Connor already has plans to beat him next year!039

040

042

044It was such a fun morning.  I was so proud of everyone!  They all did their best.  It was a great way to start my Birthday!!045

2 comments:

Loyce said...

Congratulation everyone, what a great birthday gift.

Deena said...

Julie that is SO AWESOME!!! What a great family activity! And what a great gift for all of you...the gift of health. Way to go Rivers family! Glad to hear you had a great birthday!!