Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wes heads off to College

Last month Rod and I headed off to take Wesley to College. He had to go two weeks early to do some training for his Assistant RA job, so we loaded up his car and off we went.....


We walked around the campus for a while. They really have some nice facilities. His dorm room was adequate. It has three rooms, one bathroom and 5 guys live there. He was lucky enough to get there before the others so he could have first pick of everything.






It was all very small and very compact. There were ants in the pantry and mold in the shower. Everything in the kitchen seemed sticky. I wanted to run screaming from the building. Rod kept giving me the eye to keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself. I did the best I could. I could tell Wes was a little concerned about it all. He really has had such an easy life and has never experienced living in a less than ideal situation. I know it will be good for him, but it is just hard to not want the best of everything for your children. We got him all moved in and unpacked and things seemed to appear a little better.



Since he was there early, there was only one other kid living in his building. It was probably one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do as a mother, to leave him there all by himself, in some strange town with no one there that he knew. I was worried, but he did great! So far so good. We miss him, but he seems to be living it up, working, going to school, studying, and never sleeping!


2 comments:

Deena said...

One bathroom for 5 guys...with only ONE sink!!!!???? Wow...that is sacrafice!!! I couldn't do it! Glad he's doing well. Also, glad you survived. This is good preparation for you for his mission. :P

Loyce said...

Thanks for the pictures, it is fun to see where he is living. He will do great because he is a great kid!Being a mother is hard sometimes.