Sunday, August 21, 2011

Utah Adventures–Bingham Copper Mines

So once again, Sandy encouraged me to step outside of the box and do something that I never really considered doing.  This time it was taking a tour of the Bingham Copper Mines.  We were expecting something a little different, but it was still quite interesting to see.Copper MinesThis tire is the size of the tires on the trucks that haul the stuff up and down the mine.  The driver of the truck sits 18 feet above the ground!Copper Mines2

Copper Mines 6

You can really see the detail behind Parker.  It is amazing how they have worked their way down into the earth.Copper mines 7

Copper Mines 8

No pictures of Braden, Sandy or I, but I was so grateful to have them both there.  Now Sandy is happy, she accomplished her wish of things to do in Utah and she did it all in one Summer!  Thanks for letting us tag along!

1 comments:

Deena said...

WOW!!! What great trips! I'd love to do all three of those!