Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ireland

Rod and I were lucky enough to get to go on another wonderful trip! This time, we went to Ireland and England. We had such a great time. Ireland is soooo Lov-e-ly! The landscape is breathtaking. The weather was beautiful for all but one day.
A HUGE Thank you to my wonderful parents for once again staying with the kids! We love you!!!
We were so fortunate to have great company. Thanks to Paul and Shauna for letting us tag along!Our dinner the first night was at this quaint little hotel. They even flew an American Flag in our honor!Giants Causeway is a peculiar geoglogical formation of volcanic lava. We had a great tour guide. Thanks Joe (in red) for putting up with us!!This is the Giant's boot. Rod even tried it on for size!The entrance to Dun Luce. Aren't we cute?It was amazing. An actual castle with such an incredible history. We certainly can't find anything like this in America!This day we saw A LOT of waterfalls. We even convinced Rod and Paul to frolick through the daffodils. Kinda scary!!Thirsty?Shamus and Nicola. Thanks for being wonderful tour guides and such great friends. The best part of Ireland was the friends we made!!Okay so I can't say I had a single good hair day in Ireland, but the scenery was beautiful and well worth the wind and rain and cold temps!We stayed at a beautiful hotel in Belfast. It was a converted castle. Our tour guide and chauffer, Shamus. We were the biggest vehicle on the road. I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to drive my suburban on the tight streets of Ireland!We had a lovely dinner with Shamus and Sean's mother. She was very entertaining.We even had a second to play a little Five Crowns. A great first half to our vacation! Thanks to everyone who made it so special!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

It looks so beautiful there! I'm still laughing at the picture of Paul and Rod in the flowers!

STEPHANIE said...

Wow, so beautiful! Ireland is on my wish list of places to visit! Loved the "frolicking" pics. and pics. of the castles!

Deena said...

Oh my heck...what a beautiful place! It's breath taking! Your hotel is so amazing, and the waterfalls...WOW! I can't imagine how beautiful it must have been in person! What a terrific trip!

Unknown said...

i come from ireland, i now live in paris but i can honestly say there is no place quite like home, the people are great and the beauty to be found on the west coast is like an unspoilt land. Great pics uve captured ireland well. visit paris next its great http://www.twenga.co.uk/cities/hotel-paris-5231.html

Kim said...

So glad you got to go. Looks just the way I picture it - beautiful! Loved the pictures of you and Rod! How fun to get away together.

Yoli said...

What a dream trip!! The pictures were amazing!

Unknown said...

Ireland looks beautiful!!! I would love to go there someday. I can't wait to see your pictures from England.

Jeannette

Lisa said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! Ireland looks amazing. Glad you guys could go. You and Rod are certainly turning into the world travelers!

Bryan Stanley said...

How fun! Wow it is so beautiful in Ireland. We sure miss you guys. We really appreciated the open house you guys had for us. I hope you are doing well. Also, the rug in my dining room was from Costco. I actually thought of you when I got it and knew that you would be proud!
P.S. what is your email?

Kirst said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. So are you card sharks now?